This taco dish is a great way to use some of your fresh grown vegetables, tacos with a twist!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package of tortilla chips, white or yellow, broken, divided in half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- Your choice of fresh vegetable to top: lettuce or spinach, chopped tomatoes, and diced up green onions
- sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Cook ground beef until browned. Drain and sir in taco sauce, water, diced chilies, and taco seasoning. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes, until hot through.
Spread out half of the broken tortilla chips on the bottom of the baking dish, cover with half of the meat mixture, and sprinkle on 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dish hot through. Garnish with lettuce or spinach, chopped tomatoes, and green onions. Sour cream on the side is optional.