This quick and easy-to-make was one of our favorites growing up. It was affordable and another use for all those potatoes our family grew that lasted through the winter.
- 1/4 c. butter or chicken fat
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour (can substitute with gluten free flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 oz. can sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped canned pimientos
In a saucepan, melt butter. Blend in flour and salt. Add chicken broth and milk all at once. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thick and bubbly. Add chicken, mushrooms (drained), and pimientos. Heat through. Serve over toast or mashed potatoes.